Some people think that most of us are sedentary human beings. There is a site on the internet where we are shown the disadvantages of our modern sedentary lifestyle. The webpage is called http://www.juststand.org
This is serious stuff. I like it. There are lots of advice on how to get on moving, calculator of calories burnt by doing any activities implying standing or some other class of physical exercise. I believe in the idea that we cannot stay sitting all day long watching TV, reading, resting or suffering from the sitting bull syndrome. Think about that, as you go for a brisk walk 🙂
Ways to Stand More
1. Walk more at work: Park your car farther away from your building; use stairs not elevators; take a long route to the restroom or mail room.
2. While computing, set a timer to remind you to stand up and stretch every half hour; take this time to pick-up and clean your work area.
3. Stand up when you talk on the phone.
4. Don’t send emails if the recipient is near; walk over and talk to him or her.
5. Avoid long sitting commutes by standing on the bus, subway or train.
6. When watching TV, lose the remote; get up to change the channels.
7. Stand or exercise while you watch TV, or just stand and move around during pesky commercial breaks.
8. During intense gaming, stand up in between sessions and screen loads.
calorie calculator / sitting calculator :